Our operations are based on human connections. As we’ve seen during the past few months, people want and need to connect with others. Our goal is to meet these needs of connection and well-being while maintaining best practices for health and safety.
Sanitation has always been extremely important to us, and all tools and equipment used in services are cleaned and sanitized or disposed after each appointment. These practices include the use of bleach on linens, robes, and towels, and the use of Barbicide on tools, equipment, and surfaces. Barbicide is an EPA-registered hospital-grade disinfectant that is germicidal, fungicidal, and virucidal.
In addition to our strict sanitation practices already in place, we will be taking the increased safety precautions outlined below. Modifications to spa and client procedures will be made for as long as needed to ensure guest and staff safety.
- All guests will be asked to wash their hands before their appointment.
- Employees will continue to wash their hands before and after each appointment per our existing protocols.
Screening Staff & Clients for Fever or Illness
- Daily temperature checks for staff before each shift
- Temperature checks with a no-touch forehead thermometer for massage and facial clients prior to appointment
Masks for Employees & Guests
- All employees will wear masks throughout the spa.
- All manicure & pedicure guests will need to wear a mask throughout their service.
- Massage and facial guests will need to wear a mask while they are in public areas in the spa (i.e. nail area, hallways, etc.)
- We have extra masks available for any guest that may need one.
New Gloves for Each Nail and Facial Appointment
- Nail Therapists & Estheticians will wear new gloves for each appointment.
- Our team members will remove and discard their gloves from the previous appointment, wash their hands thoroughly, and then put on new gloves in front of each guest.
Hand Sanitizer Stations
- Hand sanitizer has always been available to staff in each of our treatment rooms and other employee-only spaces, and we now have hand sanitizer available to guests throughout the spa (at the front desk when you check in & out, etc.)
Increased Frequency of Disinfecting Shared Spaces
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning public spaces such as the bathroom, door handles, sink faucet handles, and front desk surfaces. These shared areas will be cleaned throughout the day as guests and team members come into contact with them.
No Walk-In Appointments
- We will not be accepting walk in clients so that we can best manage social distancing practices. We’ll still be happy to accommodate same day appointments when possible. Please call ahead to check for available services and times.
Limiting Guest Interaction
- We will be managing the flow of guest traffic throughout the spa to best accommodate social distancing.
- As part of this effort, our lounge will not be available for guests to relax before or after services. Instead, we will be using the lounge to separate guests to limit their interaction. We apologize that this area will currently be unavailable for general relaxation.
- For our manicure appointments, we have removed two manicure stations from our original set-up and created a new stand alone manicure table to accommodate social distancing.
Eliminating Use of Robes
- A client favorite – our robes! – will currently not be in use to reduce the number of areas & objects touched by guests. Although it’s a beloved part of our spa experience, not changing into and out of robes reduces contact with objects & spaces in the spa (dressing room surfaces, lockers, etc)
- We encourage guests to book online so that you can easily save a credit card with your reservation. We can then process this card when you check out without needing to handle a physical credit card.
Minimize Guest Interaction with Spa Products
- For manicures & pedicure appointments, we ask our guests to refrain from handling the nail polish bottles. Our service providers will be happy to select your preferred color for you.
- We also ask our guests to please refrain from touching retail products unless you are purchasing the product. You are welcome to view and browse the products without touching them. We are happy to assist with any questions about products.
Removal of Magazines & Books
- We have removed magazines and books from waiting areas to reduce contact with objects.
- We have placed signage reminding guests & employees of safety precautions throughout the spa.